20 Things

2007 Weekly Planner Along with the recent purchase of Walking in this World, I discovered the coolest weekly planner for only $4 at the bookstore! With it’s unusual shape, it’s large enough to keep track of my whole day, and yet, I can still see the entire week on two pages, which I love since I typically goal set in weekly chucks of time. But unlike most planners, it was designed with style so I can envision myself using it for both work and personal goals.

As for embarking on my adventures in reading Walking in this World, the first exercise in the book is to make a list of 20 creative small steps you can take right now. It’s an exercise that I’ve done in the past, but it’s not something I’ve been particularly good at following up on. As a result, some projects stay in the back of my mind and get pushed to the side as I come up with new creative endeavors. So I’ve been thinking of creating a master list somewhere on the site similar in theory to 43 things, that way I’m constantly reminded to finish what I start…

1. Replant my orchids into ceramic pots: one down, two to go once they stop blooming. :)
2. Create a homemade card organizer.
3. Create another cut flower garden on the south side of the house.
4. Redesign and organize my studio.
5. Sell my prints on ebay.
6. Buy a plant for my mailbox hanging plant holder.
7. Create a spring desktop image.
8. Have a spa night with my mom.
9. Finish collaging my seed box using pressed flowers and rosemary.
10. Find a new image box to keep inspirational clippings.
11. Have a fabulous photo taken of my mom and me.
12. Recover my artist stool.
13. Make a list of my favorite creative books.
14. Sew a window seat for my cat, Cleo: ok, credit goes to my mom for this one, I just watched and learned.
15. Discover some new music for my ipod.
16. Make a Valentine’s Day card for my sweetie.
17. Plant a lemon tree.
18. Mat the orchid print for my mom.
19. Go to a local botanical garden center and take pictures.
20. Paint the spring wall plaque.

This entry was posted in Journaling Ideas and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

6 Comments

1. Posted January 22, 2007 at 2:23 pm by brian | Permalink

I like number 16. :-)

2. Posted January 23, 2007 at 4:06 pm by voxpopuli | Permalink

I like your blog ! Very stylish. The list is great and assuming Brian is your boyfriend to like sixteen?? HA.

May I inquire as to what bookstore the great week’er is at ?? Thanks !!!

3. Posted January 23, 2007 at 7:21 pm by Natalie Roberts | Permalink

Actually, Brian is my husband of four years, and we’ve been together for seven total, but still are very much romantics at heart so I still find post-it notes hidden around the house that echo sentiments of why he loves me.

As for the bookstore, it’s the Carrollwood Borders. They also had a cool butterfly one available. There was probably ten left between both styles so you might still be able to get one if you’re interested.

4. Posted January 24, 2007 at 10:31 am by brian | Permalink

Well… Even though we’re married… I still consider Nat my girlfriend. Silly, hopelessly romantic. The way it should be. :-)

5. Posted January 27, 2007 at 2:28 pm by eRiQ | Permalink

Great list!
    But you forgot number 21 -
    Have more email contact with eRiQ :)

How have things been – quite busy here,
    after the holidays we got right back into work.
    We are having a nice weekend away from today -

Keep in touch -

Q

6. Posted February 3, 2007 at 1:42 pm by Natalie Roberts | Permalink

Eric,

Yes, I know…I’m horrible at email…that’s what corporate america will do to you. ;)

But I did actually login into dA for the first time in ages the other day…with all the website changes, I don’t really have much of an online gallery outside of flickr…so it was kinda cool to see my old stuff…also somewhat of a reminder to get back to the drawing board so to speak to make more art!