Dare to Dream: The Power of Mantra Art

When it comes to creating art, there is a time for everything, and a season for all of our creative cycles.  A time for serious paintings and a time to experiment.  A time to explore in our art journals and a time to create mantra art.

Mantra art speaks to the soul.  Like a written affirmation, it contains a message that we need to remind ourselves of every day.

So I leave you with my mantra art created for this week’s theme at Inspire Me Thursday, “Watercolor“:

mantra art

This entry was posted in Pastel Journal and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

10 Comments

1. Posted August 23, 2007 at 9:18 pm by Pattie Mosca | Permalink

I love mantra art…I have a blog that I usually do
    daily with my affirmation for the day and my mantra
    art that goes with it…It starts or ends my day in a
    wonderful healing way. Thanks for sharing yours!

2. Posted August 23, 2007 at 9:33 pm by Pilar | Permalink

Gorgous colors and such a beautiful seniment!

3. Posted August 23, 2007 at 9:45 pm by laura tm | Permalink

I’ve just discovered mantra art – this is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

4. Posted August 23, 2007 at 10:16 pm by Megan | Permalink

it’s teeming with life!

also…the Buddhist monks are WONDERFUL!

5. Posted August 24, 2007 at 8:18 am by Brian | Permalink

Laura, Natalie lives for Mantra Art. All over our house, there are collages, pastels, oils and many more objects covered with mantras.

She loves collecting fortunes from fortune cookies. You should see some of the pieces covered with those little slips of paper!

I am a very lucky husband to be able to see these pieces being created.

6. Posted August 24, 2007 at 9:31 am by melanie | Permalink

very sweet, great message!

7. Posted August 24, 2007 at 11:44 am by Tag | Permalink

As you saw by my take on this I am in love with the theme. Very strong piece! I like it, it is captivating for me.
    :-)

8. Posted August 24, 2007 at 4:25 pm by Royce | Permalink

AHhhh, your beautiful and serene art allows me to close my eyes and see…

Three pink lotus blossoms of the spirit floating in a fountain made of golden topaz and carnelian quartz; representing healing of the soul and the release of stress so we are free to dream the dream of dreaming….

9. Posted August 24, 2007 at 10:18 pm by Natalie Roberts | Permalink

Yes, I found the watercolors very liberating! Thanks for all the comments!! :)

10. Posted August 25, 2007 at 8:44 pm by Deb G | Permalink